The majority of our training sessions are coached and cater for all abilities. Our coaches have undertaken British Triathlon coaching qualifications and volunteer their time to plan and deliver sessions for club members. Please don’t worry if you feel ‘not good enough’ or decide to ‘get fit before you come along’, that’s what our coaches and sessions are here to help you with – along with helping achieve your personal goals. You will also find a whole mix of other members with a breadth of training experience, from those who are preparing for their first ever race to those who are racing Ironman distances and longer. Our members have a wealth of knowledge and are keen to share tips and tricks to get you to the next level.
ELT use software called Spond to manage training, numbers and payment. This can be downloaded free as an app or you can use your browser. Only ELT Members will have their Spond request accepted via the link here and once verified you can get notifications about training, events etc via Spond.
Our Training Timetable is as follows:
- SWIM As from 18th May 2021 ELT will be swim training at Waltham Forest Feel Good Center 170 Chingford Road, Walthamstow E175AA. Sessions are £6 and is payable through the Spond App. Parking is available at the pool but you have to pay. You will need to be able to swim at least 4x25m to take part in the swimming sessions. We swim front crawl/freestyle.
- TUESDAY: Coached Fitness – 21:00 to 22:00
- THURSDAY: Coached Fitness – 21:00 to 22:00
- SATURDAY: Coached Technique – 08:00 to 09:00
- BIKE: Club Ride (not coached)
- SUNDAY: 08:30 at The Castle Harvester, Woodford High Road. Organised via members so please check before setting out. Distance and speed depend on who attends.
- WEDNESDAY: Track Session, 19:30 to 20:30 at Ashton Playing Fields, Woodford Green, (£4 for seniors, £1.50 for veterans). Please book on through on Spond, session will come up on Tuesday.
- SATURDAY: We meet 09:30 in Barn Hoppitt Car Park, E4 6BD (click here for location) which is opposite Butlers Retreat in Epping Forest. The run is free and each session is led by a UK Athletics qualified run leader. The sessions are for all abilities but you must be able to run for at least 75mins. We also have a shorter session at 09:45 for those new to running or returning from injury. Update on what session is being run and spaces available will be on Spond.
Races and Events
Unfortunately, for 2021 there will be no Grand Prix, but we are looking at other options and planning for a 2022.
Many of our club members compete in races as well as enjoying the social and fitness benefits joining a club offers. We’ve had many members that have represented ELT in the UK and Overseas and others that have represented team GB as age groupers in European and World Championships. As a club we like to target specific races throughout the year in which we will aim to encourage many of our members to attend. We have three categories of events:
- Grand Prix: Our committee chooses these races each year, which make up the ELT Grand Prix. There are prizes for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in the Grand Prix. Points are awarded within the club to those people taking part. See Grand Prix tab for this years races. This will include a variety of race distances.
- Non GP: These do not form part of the Grand Prix race series but are part of the race calendar. These may be Duathlons, Swimrun, Time Trials, Chingford League (running) and or any event our club have a strong interest in.
- Social: We run a variety of social events throughout the year, it’s an opportunity to ditch the lycra and get to know your club mates better. The social calendar finishes with the End of Year Awards.